Fry Bread Indian Tacos Recipe
Price: No Price
Availability: in stock
This recipe for Indian Tacos uses HA-PAH-SHU-TSE FRY BREAD MIX
Fry Bread Indian Tacos
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can pinto beans, with liquid
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomatos
- 1/2 cup Mema's Salsa http://www.ahdgb.exactwebsites.com/catalog/item/5391138/9057666.htm
- HA-PAH-SHU-TSE FRY BREAD MIX http://www.ahdgb.exactwebsites.com/catalog/item/5390719/9044347.htm
- Combine beans and 2 tablespoons of Mema's Salsa in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook until heated through. In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef with taco seasoning mix according to seasoning mix package directions. Cover, and keep warm while you prepare the fry bread.
- Mix together your fry bread by reading the directions on the back of the package.
- Heat oil in a large, deep heavy skillet to 365 degrees F (180 degrees C). Oil should be about 1 1/2 inches deep. Break off 3/4 cup sized pieces of dough, and shape into round discs 1/4 inch in thickness, making a thinner depressed area in the center. Fry breads in the hot oil until golden on both sides, turning only once. Drain on paper towels.
- Top fry bread with beans, ground beef, lettuce and cheese. Spoon remaining Mema's salsa over as desired. You can also top with other of your favorite taco toppings, such as onion, sour cream or guacamole.